Good reading

  • Anything by Ted Dekker
  • Horse & Rider
  • Leave it to Chance
  • The Shack

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summer time!

Hope you check out the picts below. We are building a new barn here on the farm - 40x60 pole building. All the men say it is the perfect size! I am sure it will be nice when it is DONE. We still need a roof and a door, one side will be open to house the horses.

We are holding steady at 3 horses and one miniature donkey, two cats and two dogs. Madi and I are getting out and enjoying the horses. She got to go chase cows with some friends this week and she loved it!!! Maybe a cutter or team penner in the making:). She has the perfect horse for it. We have been out 2 or 3 times a week on trails and it is so much fun to get out on the horses and enjoy the outdoors. Madison and I are also taking a basic obedience class with her border collie, Cowboy. It has beeen lots of fun.

Kaleb and Dustin were consumed by Babe Ruth baseball for several months but it is over now. Amazing what you can do on a weekend when you don't have a game every day.

Brody finished Pre-K at Christ's Center in May and will go to Kindergarten at Monroe in the fall. He can't wait to get on the bus with the big kids. Mom isn't so sure.

I am only working 2 days a week this summer but it still puts a kink in things sometimes. I guess I was my own boss for too long. I thought we were going to have a lot of down time this summer but it is filling up quickly and there are only two "blank" weeks between now and the first of August! How does that happen?

Dad and I are going to do our free basketball clinics for two weeks in July. Kaleb will show a sheep at the county fair the last week of July.

I am already enjoying having more time with the kids even if it is busy.

Summertime is the best- late nights and sunsets. Hope you enjoy each one that comes your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment