Good reading

  • Anything by Ted Dekker
  • Horse & Rider
  • Leave it to Chance
  • The Shack

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer -

Well, believe it or not summer is drawing to a close. It is with a mixture of feelings every year that I face the end of summer, sometimes I wish it would never end and sometimes I long for the routine of the school year.
This summer has allowed for some down time although not as much as I thought in the beginning. June flew by settling into the work and home routine. July was filled with golf lessons, basketball clinics, day outings with friends and family and the at the tail end the Benton County fair. Kaleb showed a lamb again this year and won a 1st blue ribbon in his class for market. Showmanship still yielded a blue but the lamb was not helpful showing his athleticism by jumping repeatedly! It was well over 100 degrees the first day of the fair and not much cooler the rest of the week, so we are all just lucky to have survived.
Madison has been busy barrel racing with our friends Bailey and Brady. She has set personal records for her and Maggie all summer long. Her initial goal of running the pattern in less than 20 seconds quickly fell by the way, then 19 went by too - her best time was 18.688 the first weekend of August. She continues to have fun but is also reminded that it doesn't always come together perfectly and NT (or no times) are part of the deal, too. We all enjoy the horses but Madi and I use them the most getting out for trail rides 2-3 times a week.
The barn is almost done... - some projects are never really done are they? Anyway, it has a roof and we can put hay and horses in it by the time it rains, so we will call it done.
Dustin has spent most of his free time working on the barn. Many thanks to all who helped in big ways and small!
Brody will be starting Kindergarten this fall. Monroe is having full day Kindergarten on a two year trial basis. He is excited and says he can take days off if I miss him too much.
I guess I will work more this year - we will see. Hope this finds you all well.

No comments:

Post a Comment